5. New Home Selections
Part of the fun of buying a new home is selecting colors and finish materials. You will make some of these choices at the Lichty Brothers’ model and others at our suppliers’ showrooms.
Lichty Brothers Homes provides you with dowloadable and printable Selection and Specifications Sheets that list the choices you need to make. Schedule time to visit both our model and showrooms to make your selections as soon as possible. Your project manager will discuss your specific selections time table, but as a rule of thumb, plan to finalize your selections within 30 days of signing your Purchase Agreement. Keep in mind the following when making and confirming selections:
- Time is of the essence for all selections. All of our suppliers have lead times they cannot alter and we must place orders within these constraints. Our construction teams manage these lead times as closely as possible to give you the maximum time. Please help us avoid scheduling delays by having your selection completed within the timetable agreed upon with your project manager.
- Please be thorough. Our Selections and Specifications Sheets are very detailed. Make sure all blanks are filled in completely. Costly errors happen due to assumptions and incomplete Selection Sheets.
- Decorating choices that exceed the specified allowances such as those for cabinets, appliances, floor coverings, countertops, or light fixture require additional payment. Although such amounts can be credited to you at the closing and thereby added to your mortgage, they are not refundable.
- View color samples in both natural and artificial light to get an accurate impression of the color. Variations between samples and actual material installed are possible. This is due to the manufacturer’s coloring process (dye lots) and to the fact that over time, sunlight and other environmental factors affect the samples.
- Some limitations may be placed on exterior choices by the subdivision’s Architectural Review Board and may be further limited due to selections your future neighbors have already made. The sooner you can make your selections, the greater the number of choices you have. Driving through the area to view existing homes is one way to select exterior colors. Selections often look different on a full size home.
- Because no two buyers have the same taste, we reserve the right to place a hold on your selections until your loan has been approved and all contingencies are released.
- If any of your selections have been discontinued, we will contact you and ask you to make an alternate selection within five days.
- Occasionally it happens that a home is already under construction and some or all of these choices have already been made by Lichty Brothers Homes. In this case, you may have few or no selections to make yourself.
- Double check all selections before signing. Upon completion of this form, sign and date each page.
- Please retain your selection sheets for future reference. They are useful for matching paint colors, tile grout, and replacement items in your home.
You may download a printable copy of the Selection and Specifications Sheet here. (30kb PDF)
The possibilities for your new home far exceed the popular ideas we suggest on our option and upgrade lists. In addition to the available options, you may have custom features you want us to incorporate into your new home. Think, dream, imagine, look--we will assist you in any way that we can to make these decisions as early as possible.
During the contract phase we stressed the importance of written communication in order to ensure timely, thorough delivery with the quality and service that we both expect. Lichty Brothers Homes requires its project managers to only execute changes (both additions and deletions) after written orders have been agreed upon and signed. The following details our change order policies and important considerations:
- Changes Orders must be in writing on our downloadable and printable "Change Order" form and signed by all parties. E-MAILS AND FAXES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR CHANGE ORDERS.
- Change Orders must be paid in full at the time the Change Order is executed and before work will begin. Lichty Brothers Homes guarantees its closing dates; therefore, any Change Orders not paid for by the time required will not be executed.
- Any change requests made verbally are not guaranteed. Please help us serve you by demanding that all changes be in writing.
- Please keep in mind that your new neighbors have the same opportunities and may request other custom features. We will be happy to provide you with pricing on duplicating such items in your home, but make no claim that we have mentioned or offered every possible idea.
- In order to deliver your home on the closing date, we order many items well in advance of installation. Once a particular item is ordered, making further changes may involve an adjustment in the planned delivery date and additional costs. By working within the boundaries of the change order schedule, both can usually be avoided.
- Time is of the essence for all changes made during construction in order to prevent these changes from complicating or delaying the entire process. Please understand changes could extend the time required to complete your home. Time extensions if required will be annotated on the "Construction Change Order" form. Changes that require an extention to the contract closing date will be charged at 11% per day of extension.
By completing any change order according to the schedule below, you will save additional costs and avoid adding days to the construction schedule.
|Changes affecting:||Should be made prior to:|
Windows and Ext. Doors
Under-slab electrical outlets, plumbing, drains
|Shingle Color and Roof Accents
Eave, Soffet, & Fascia
Stair System Design
Master Shower and Tub Design
Hardwood Floor Locations
|15 days after contract|
Cabinets Layout and Style
|30 days after contract signing|
Interior Paint Colors
|45 days after contract signing|
NOTE: There will be a $175.00 charge added to any change order not executed within the above listed time frame.
You may download a printable copy of the Change Order Form here. (12kb PDF)